Skip to main content

Anis' AEP Diaries 2.3 - Something Different

 Season 2: Episode 2 🎀 

Friday, 1st December 2023 

The more and more the “highschool finish line” is nearing, the smaller I feel myself shrinking into this box labeled childhood that you neatly keep in your attic. AEP this term hasn’t only been a learning curve guided by a set syllabus, but is now an opportunity for us to discover ourselves. 

Recently, we were guided into building a coherent and quality university application where we assess the common mistakes that can easily be made. Grammar and syntax should be flawless and use of language needs to show a satisfactory level. Every single year, the number of students in the applicant pool increases, which makes it important for my application to stand out. Considering that we are attending university in a few months, these skills that we’ve acquired will come in handy soon. 

Other than that, Ms. Disa also prepped us with some new skills to write emails. Although it sounds simple, many of us tend to miss out multiple things which can negatively affect the presentation of our email. Let alone a formal communication through a digital platform, there are myriads of conventions that are important to include to effectively express your thoughts and get your message across. An example is the tone of the email – this could affect the decision of the receiver to take your message seriously or not. 

A favorite of mine was the activity in which we listed down 5 objects that we could fit into a box. This activity allowed me to somehow be in touch with two worlds – the present and the past – although many of us almost had the waterworks coming in the way. Along with that, I chose three words that resonated with me in my current standing which was wit, growth and something. I forgot, yikes. Anyways, it was really cool to see how each of us could explain why these objects and words have a significant meaning towards our life which really helps us in finding ourselves! 

Last week’s class had a little touch of fun where Ms. Disa allowed us to play this small game with the idea of “who knows who best”. She gave us a certain category in which we would have to write our answer on a piece of paper and anonymously hand it out to her. After that, all of the answers were written on the smartboard, followed by our guesses of the owner of the answer towards each one. It was really fun considering that some of us are literally a crystal clear closet. 

Hopefully, my fingers and brain will still be friends by the time that the next blog are due! Jumpa lagi. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...