Skip to main content

Blog 1.3 - 2nd Ring (Or is "2nd Circle" better??)

 THIRD BLOG RAAAHHHHHHHHHH

okay let's get this over with.


What did we do this week? Or, "day" I suppose, 'cause we only have one day for AEP nowadays. 

Today was pretty simple all things considered. We mostly just did a bunch of seatwork to pass the time. 

Of course, we first started with Diffle and it was finished quite fast (Miss complained but we're just too smart hehehehehe). Soon after, Miss had us write down three of our favorite words from last week's vocab activity. Both from the collocations and the ones we discussed in Miro. We then had a mini quiz where each of us picked one of our three words and said them to the class before writing them down on our notebooks and giving an example sentence.


It basically went like:

Adi: "Facilitate."

Everyone else: *writes down the word and sentence*

Adi: "Wait, what's facilitate again?"


I ended up looking through my notebook for the definition of that one :v

And then after the break, we had another seatwork.

Similar to the collocations one, we had to match up words to its following phrase. The last one was business-themed while this one was more... political? It was all about elections and voting and the constitution. It got me and Alisa thinking about Hamilton for real.

I finished that one pretty quickly and submitted my cutie patootie notebook with the cutie patootie stickers (I will be flexing them all day every day)

Anyways, anything I want to improve? Maybe learn to memorize the vocab better. I'll get into the habit of actually knowing the words and internalizing the definitions lol

That's all for now. 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Thanks for your blog. You will get a chance to learn the words as I'll review them more often than I used to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...

yet another blog for this week

 yet again we do the thing where we type what we remember about the stuff that happened this week. So, there's not much tbh, there isn't much going on other than I picked up EP again since I think I'm suffering withdrawal with notoriety getting taken down and I'm cooking some video I made with someone showcasing some stupid shenanigans. So yeah is fine cruising so far (but so far)