Skip to main content

One year of AEP!!!

Being the one single student in AEP, I perceive it as being part of a TV show. Miss Disa is the host of the TV show, and I'm the guest, somewhat. The classes start off with a round of Wordle, then moving to Connections and Letterbox, assuming that I'm able to solve all of them. After that, we proceed to talk about - things. Anything, really. From food to history to Japanese writers and their divine love towards jazz and weird magical realism surrounding sheep, to cultures all around the world and much more. And I also learned how to make coleslaw! (I burnt my fingers while cooking). There's so much that has happened so far in this TV show. Here's the chronological order of this lightning fast year packed with fascinating stuff. Except the grammar. Never the grammar. I'm sorry.

I started off studying dialogues, placement of all kinds of punctuation marks, and the essentials for a typical story plot. Not disregarding the loads of grammar exercises after every Wordle session on Mondays (I would love to disregard them 😊). Then it took off on a whole new different course. We went from Socratic dialogues and foils, to studying an entire thriller movie! It wasn't so easy, no cup of tea, but I managed to put together a dialogued depiction of a short story from the movie, picked out from a specific scene.  Not to mention, the book.

'One of us is lying' was my assigned book to read in order to get the vibe of a noir-themed story. I have mixed feelings about the book. It's a modern book, written very recently, so it was packed to the rim with all the cheesiness and Gen Z corny-ness that the author could have mustered. However, it had some knowledgeable material that prepared me for my next big assignment. Safe to say I haven't finished it yet😭

My current task is to write a story, with the theme of 'noir'. The book and another movie, Brick (2006) would help me write it. It's still ongoing and I'm split between giving up or passing a complete failure😍😍😍but for the first time writing noir-themed stories, I must admit, it is fun. You just love setting up the dark, gloomy atmosphere and the characters with dark backgrounds and scars across their faces. Until then, that's it for AEP, for this year. See you again next year 😊happy summer! 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...