Skip to main content

Blog 3.2 - It's time for goodbyes (Nurhanis Grade 12)

This is it. It's the final blog. It's always difficult to find time and sit down and write this blog but when I actually start, words just keep coming out of my mouth. So much has happened from the start of the school year to this day. Not only have I grown older but I feel like I have grown better as a person. I've learned that life comes with responsibilities and high school helps me prepare for that - and clearly I'm not ready for that. However, time just goes on and so does life. People change as much as I did and I feel like blogging is a way to look back on those moments.

I still remember when I first joined AEP classes. My first impressions were horrible. I was greeted with the first task which is to write essays based on graphs. And here I thought only math uses graphs - apparently not. Online and virtual classes are VERY DIFFERENT. Although I've met Ms Disa and Ayse online, actually seeing them face-to-face adds a new picture to knowing their personalities. I definitely enjoy face-to-face class better. 

AEP this year was a rollercoaster for real. We started off great and then we hit a slump and then we ended off quite well? IDK what happened but that's just life. I learned a lot this year. I learned how to write CV, speeches, and just some other random discussions. We were very productive in the first term but quickly went downhill during the second term. The main problem with me personally is my time management. I've always created a time schedule to follow but it never works. Main culprit is me being tired and burnt out from school. I stay up late to finish school work and then I don't sleep and then I feel tired so I end up not doing anything. SO guys moral is to HAVE ENOUGH SLEEP. How much is enough? supposedly 8 hours but for me having more than 5 hours of sleep is a luxury.

I feel like I just deviated from the topic no? I don't even know what I was talking about. Anyways, for me, AEP is not really a subject where I put my focus in. It's more like a break from all the stressful subjects I have during the day which is why I'm thankful that Miss sometimes let us play word games or make origami and handcrafts. WHY IS THERE NO ART IN GRADE 12?? Petition to have art class in grade 12. Nevertheless, AEP is one of the classes where I can get out of my comfort zone. It's somewhat like a "safe place". Everyone plays their role which just makes the class enjoyable :>

So in short, I'm going to miss this class even if it's just by a bit. I'm going to miss the frog leaping competition, the wordle warm-ups, Miro board if anyone still remembers, blogger, vocabulary test, scrabble and many more. I could spend hours just listing down what we did but I won't because I don't want to torture myself hehe. Thank you Miss Disa for everything that you've taught me. Not just academically but also as a person. That's it from me. Hanis signing out :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...