Skip to main content

AEP 10 - BLOG#3 - Term 3 - Janek - LAST BLOG


After browsing through the Padlets, I found myself struggling to recall much of what they contained. It's like everything's been swept into a haze, perhaps due to the many of thoughts asking for attention in my mind. But that's what makes the padlet so crucial—it serves as a nudge to remember our journey and the experiences that might otherwise slip away unnoticed. Some moments, like the ordeal of writing essays, are probably best left in the shadows. However, before vanishing them to oblivion, let me delve into these memories in this blog. So, let's rewind back to April.

Midterm Mayhem

Midterm exams have always been a daunting hurdle for me. It was just another essay, or so I thought. Our teacher assured us that it would be based on an essay we'd previously studied about islands, leading me to believe that studying wasn't necessary. But when I sat down to tackle the exam, reality hit me like a ton of bricks. I managed to score an 84%, albeit with Miss Disa's generous boost. This only reignited my hate for maps—I had the time to prepare, but complacency got the better of me. Despite some last-minute cramming, my confidence in navigating maps remains low. They've become my nemesis once again. It seems that describing processes in science classes pales in comparison to the challenges posed by maps.

where'd vocab go?

A glance at the Google Classroom stream revealed a lot of tasks, including a dreaded vocab test. Vocab tests are par for the course in our class, typically serving as the standard assessment for quizzes or exams. Yet, they never fail to give a sense of unease, as the outcome is often uncertain. While studying is straightforward, committing the plethora of words to memory proves to be a difficult task amidst the stress of the semester. There have been countless instances where I've prepared a lot, only for the test to be canceled at the last minute. This time, however, the test was scheduled for Tuesday, April 23—the final one of the semester. So, I braced myself and studied diligently, only for the test to vanish into thin air. It's a frustrating cycle, but at least I'm prepared for the worst.

Online Classes SUCK

Returning to online classes felt like a trip down memory lane. We slipped back into our old routine with ease, complete with the customary warm-up activities. However, the joy faded when it came time for essays. Writing them online proved to be far more challenging than in person, as distractions are present in the digital realm. While the freedom was great, it also came with a bit of guilt for neglecting other activities. It was then that I remembered why I despised online schooling. Despite forging fond memories, they pale in comparison to the experiences cultivated in the classroom. The transition back to in-person classes was a welcome relief.

Revival of Codenames!

The resurrection of Codenames breathed new life into our online sessions. The prospect of engaging in this beloved word game was a refreshing change of pace. It was wonderful to revisit this favorite pastime, especially given its engaging nature. Our teacher, Miss Disa, has always had a knack for selecting entertaining games, and Codenames was no exception. Despite initially facing resistance, my suggestion eventually won out. Splitting into teams, I had the role of spymaster alongside Naboni. Although our team ultimately fell short due to my teammates' overthinking, the outcome mattered little. What truly mattered was the opportunity to bond with my AEP classmates once more over a shared love for the game.


As the final weeks of the school year draw to a close, it's impossible not to reflect on the memories we've created. I'd like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to Miss Disa for her unwavering dedication to educating and entertaining us, even during the most trying times. The experiences and laughter shared in AEP will be missed, and I eagerly anticipate the promise of more memorable moments in the years to come, if given I stay in FIS. Until next time, my brothers and sisters

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...