Skip to main content

Monkeys & Maps- Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T3- AEP 10

The finals are finished. Term 3 has now started.

To put it plainly, the finals weren’t too bad. We received 2 essays each to write: the first about brick-making (which we were informed about beforehand) and the second about how liquid chocolate is produced (a surprise). I’ll admit that I was quite nervous at first, but, when I started writing, the words just flew right out! I’m happy to report that I got a 95% as my overall score! Hooray! 

Now, back to business. Our first day back to AEP was a relaxing one. We played an abundant number of word games like “Squardle” and “Connections” as our reward for our hard work from the finals. We got to play a new game called “Tiles,” which is like a matching game of different art components. 

I even got to tie my first money fist knot after following a tutorial on “YouTube” for an hour. The last step was the trickiest because it required the string to be tightened in all of the nooks and crannies surrounding what we called “the baby in the cradle.” Mine turned out a bit wonky because it had an extra tail, but we all had fun in the end and that’s what truly mattered anyway! 

Voila! My finished monkey fist knot.

The next week started off with “Squardle” yet again. For the entire period on Monday we found all 72 words. While Monday was surprisingly easier to get through, Tuesday was unfortunately not as kind. 

Upon completing a short “Wordle” game with the word “hunch” guessed on the sixth try, we were met with essay writing, but this time, it was about maps! I’ll admit that looking at our first example was a bit intimidating- all of the specific terms we needed to use, the multiple twists and curves! 

But the more we talked about them and broke them down, the more I realized how similar map essays are to those “spot the difference” games. I learned that they’re mainly written in the future tense, but there are some situations which call for them to be written in the past or present. Another thing we briefly touched on was the importance of using specific terms like jungle, forests, groves, etc. To familiarize ourselves even further, we were separated into 2 groups. I worked with Victoria, Julia, Shasmeen, and Meral to make lists of the nouns, verbs, and tenses we could identify on the given map example.

It wasn’t long before it was time to share with the class what we found. We then swiftly ended the lesson with “Padlet.” 

Overall, these past few weeks really flew by. But that’s also partially due to the musical preparations as well. Now that the musical is finally over, we can now focus more on recovering and hopefully get adapted to writing about maps fast. Cheers to the new term!

GIF Credits

Comments

  1. Thanks for a good comprehensive reminder if what we have done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...