Skip to main content

Looks can be deceiving - Haziq's first third term blog

 I'm here to give a summary of the events of the last few weeks, even though it seems like it has been forever since I last wrote my last blog.

On our first day back , nothing much was going on except us playing numbers of entertaining games such as "connections", our warm up game "squardle" and a new game called "tiles" in which we are supposed to match the tiles that have the similar components.Though it sounded easy , it is however quite tricky because we have to check every single detail and if made a mistake , the streak will be gone.

On the following day , we have an unexpected switch up in which instead of writing essay , we did what miss thought was and art jewelry but instead a rope that is used as a hand-to-hand weapon .At the start , it was easy to follow along the Youtube tutorial but once i reached the middle part , my brain become discombobulated . The were so many wrapping to the point the rope got stuck between my fingers .After a whole period wrapping and unwrapping the rope to the point there is no blood circulation on my finger , I just gave up and let Miss Disa finish the work for me. 

On the following week ,  we were welcome with a 72 word Squardle and it was pretty difficult at first but it progressively got easier as we played. Though a 72 word Squardle is very unlikely to appeared on a Monday morning , we still managed to get all the words and left no crumbs behind. Tuesday however was a little difficult. We started of with the quickest warm-up with wordle .After that , we proceed with the new lesson of the third term which is about maps. As Miss was looking for example to try , I was intimidated and slightly overwhelmed.The fact that you have to pay attention to the littlest detail ever seems to haunt me.



We finally found an example in which it was about an industrial area that is turn into a residential area.There is so many verbs that I am unfamiliar with that could be used here such as demolish , construct , bulldoze and etc.Not only that , we are also supposed to include the compass rose because it is there. When writing about maps there is always a picture before and after and it will depict the changes after a few years.

Overall , this new term is a little intimidating because we are doing maps now instead of processes judging by my performance last week , I got a lot to learn.








As we were playing , I saw with the corner of my eye , miss distributing the papers of the final exam.The final exam contain 2 essays . One of the essay which was informed that it will be in the exam was about brick manufacturing.The second essay was about the production of chocolate. While writing the second essay , I was overwhelmed on the number of stages it consist until chocolate is produced but nevertheless , I was able to write it down and got a good score.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...

yet another blog for this week

 yet again we do the thing where we type what we remember about the stuff that happened this week. So, there's not much tbh, there isn't much going on other than I picked up EP again since I think I'm suffering withdrawal with notoriety getting taken down and I'm cooking some video I made with someone showcasing some stupid shenanigans. So yeah is fine cruising so far (but so far)