Skip to main content

  AEP has been a phenomenal experience. By phenomenal, I mean a lot of things (including Miss Disa, the lingering classical music and the barely visible Smartboard. They all add up to being 'phenomenal'. I love phenomenal omg that word is so pretty.

We started out with Grammar. Lots of Grammar. The basic stuff. It all seemed so easy at first until we moved to Dialogues. A big fat book about different dialogues and how to imply them. Do you know what a Socratian dialogue is? I do. No I don't. No I do. I'm talking in Socratian dialogue right now (I hope you're proud of me Miss Disa HAHAHAHAHAHA) 

But that's all the boring academic stuff. You don't need to worry about that, dear reader 😪😪. Anyways, we start off the class with Wordle, to relieve the brain of all the capitalistic horrors (it's only just Wordle). Before delving into the exquisite details, I should talk about Gigi.

I'm sure you all know her. The teddy bear on the chair by the window, wrapped in the cloth that makes it look like a hijab. I named her Gigi BECAUSE YES Gigi is the most fitting name. That's all about Gigi everyone say goodbye to Gigi!!!

Dialogue is so fun actually. It's like a little animal with many different colors - like monologue, Socratic dialogue, dialogue for plays. But in the end it's just one thing. In the end, you just talk. We love talking, don't we?? 

I WATCHED A MOVIE. A really weird, 1980s movie with no distinguishing features. Just a thriller movie. Then I used the script of the movie to turn it into a short story. It was okay, I think. For the first time, I think I did okay. 

Yeah, that's been AEP for the past several weeks. There's more. Stay tuned!! The tea is going to be so exciting the cup will spontaneously combust and explode. Meanwhile, I will ponder 3rd term


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...