Skip to main content

Miss Disa is back! - AEP 10- BLOG#4- JANEK


Now that the exams have finally concluded and the stress has lifted, thanks to the break and the high AEP spirit, it seems inevitable that a blog post is in order! The past weeks have been some of the most unusual and unpredictable I've ever experienced in AEP. With a few new faces, Miss Disa's absence, and sudden activities, let's delve into the latest updates on AEP.

A Sudden Disappearance?

On January 7, just a day before AEP's classes resumed, I felt a sense of fear. Fear that I might have forgotten something, a feeling I often experience. Despite this, I had to enter the class with confidence. However, my expectations took an unexpected turn. Miss Disa was nowhere to be seen. She had apparently left for the UK, and has not yet arrived in the Philippines. This had left many of us  confused, yet simultaneously relieved. No work, no stress! All we had to do was sit in the Filipino class doing nothing.

Initially, that's what we thought, until a notification popped up – an assignment on Google Classroom. It was an essay. Right there on the feed were two essay assignments that needed completion. I was feeling quite lazy and found myself engaged in a conversation with some AEP members who, like me, weren't particularly interested in the assignment. I wasn't in the mood and thought the next day would be a more convenient time to start. Little did I know what awaited us in the next session.

Sub-Teacher Mayhem

While most substitute teachers are welcoming and uplifting, we were unfortunate enough to have one who wasn't. Miss Jonna is renowned for her strict manners and often difficult teaching tactics. Our class has had numerous feuds with her, and it doesn't help us in this case. However, during this class, she was very, VERY quiet. Now, I wouldn't necessarily call that a good thing, as I expected a more enthusiastic teacher to keep us company while Miss Disa was away on her trip.

Instead, she handed us a paper that Miss Disa left for us, had us sit with our seatmates, and let us do whatever. Nothing more, nothing less. It was an eerily quiet experience, so quiet that it was almost painful. It felt like we were stuck in a library, guided by a strict librarian. Even a sudden movement or noise could be risky, as we didn't know how Miss Jonna might react. However, in the end, it all went well. The assignment was completed, an essay was finished, and we avoided another argument with her. I'd say I was pretty happy, and so was the class.

Essay Review Goes Crazyyyyy

But, as the saying goes, "happiness doesn't last forever," and that truly defines what happened next. Once Miss Disa returned, we were thrilled to have our cheerful and energetic teacher back, but the workload was a bit annoying. It always is, and that's what makes AEP unique. Essays were back on the agenda, and this time we had to review them. Sounds easy, right? Not really, especially when you didn't get enough sleep. Writing when lacking sleep is not the best combination – it's pure pain. Although I did find the topic quite enjoyable, so let's consider that a plus.

These past few weeks, though short and not entirely jam-packed, were very intriguing. I hope to encounter more entertaining experiences and activities in the future sessions. Until the next one, my brothers and sisters!

Comments

  1. Happy to hear that Ms. J kept you in step while I was away enjoying myself :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...