Skip to main content

First Blog of 2024! // Mysha M - Blog 4

 

And we're back! Welcome to the first blog of 2024, with many more to come. Ah, don't you just savor the frantic taste of late-night cramming? No? Well, let's get this over with.

We spent the first few AEP's of the year with substitutes, due to Miss Disa's trip abroad. During that time, we answered two seatworks, one about unit 9, and the other an exam practice. Overall, nothing too hefty. 

Alright, it's Monday and Miss is back. There was no time for dilly-dallying. Unfortunately, Miss Disa's laptop was MIA, meaning we were unable to do any work with the board. But that was okay. After spending the majority of the time rechecking our previous seatwork (which I had brilliantly forgotten at home), we began a traditional vocab quiz. Since we lacked in a functioning board, we couldn't do a spin-the-wheel thing. I think it kinda made a difference in how I preformed, as I got a score worse than normal. That, or maybe because I didn't study.

We started the next day off with contexto, which we somehow completed instantly. I think someone had saw the answers beforehand. Because of that, our warmup game was cut short and we were back to rechecking the worksheets. There were only a few questions left, but it ended up taking the whole period up. I frankly don't remember much, but that I got a 2/3. Unfortunate, but not bad for barely reading the text. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...