Skip to main content

AEP Blog #2.3 “The vocabs!”

 


Good day dear readers! 


This blog will be a little different; aside from the whole “exam week is coming up” stuff that I’d probably bring up if I wanted to make this like a normal blog but then I thought again — what better way to introduce you! The reader! With just exactly what our midterms will be focusing on today.


Basically, our midterms are crosswords — so ms tells us the words to learn then we have to put them in the crossword. So, Ill talk about each of the words here today! 


We have our own papers that we were allowed to take home. With that being said, we have choice to study the words since all the meanings are placed in the paper already. Unit 5 is all about describing people, yourself or others.


Starting off with word no.1: affable 


Someone who is affable makes me think of the word “ABLE to talk to others easily” they are the type of people who get along with others without a problem whatsover. They are friendly, polite and very approachable.


Word no.2: aloof


This type of person seems like someone who is a little hard to engage in conversation. The type of people that just stare at you blankly and reply coldly. They are slothful, lazy and tries to do as little as possible. Aloof kind of sounds like clouds; who just sit in the sky without a care(and damn).


Word no.3: belligerent 


These people are probably people who gang up on bullies. They are always looking for a fight because it makes them feel better!  


Word no.4 benevolent 


They are very good willed and generous with their time. They want to help others because it makes them happier.


Word no. 5 capricious 


These are the type of people who are bound to have sudden changes in their mood. Completely liable to their quick change of attitude and their behavior.


Word no. 6: cynical 


Someone who sttubornly defends their own views. These are the type of people that cant accept their answes are wrong or will only work with what they think is right during group projects. 


Word no.7 dogmantic 


Word no.8 eccentric


A good word to describe these type of people is “the black sheep”. They are rather weird. The type of people that have an odd or peculiar personality.They may have strange belief and behave strangely all the time. 


Word no.9: erudite


I think of it as a word similar to graphite which teachers use to write! These type of people are knowledgeable and scholarly.


Word no. 10: gregarious 


Now affable and gregarious may be similar,

however the key difference is these type of people are fond of being SOCIABLE around others; which doesn’t necessarily mean helping them.


Word no. 11: Impetuous


These type of people do things without care. Simple (hahahaha) 


Word no. 12: Indolent 


Someone who is slothful and lazy! They are the type of people that are very hard to deal with in friendgroups; maybe they have a hard time getting out of bed.



Thats it for the first part! Theres another group of words which are: 


Insolent (someone who is rude)

Irascible (someone who is short tempered) 

mendacious (someone who is dishonest) 

mercurial (someone who is lively but unpredictable) 

pedantic (someone who pays attention to detail) 

pensive (someone who is deep in thought) 

pernickety (someone which is overly fussy) 

quixotic (someone who is a visionary) 

recalcitrant (someone who is disobedient) 

sanguine ( someone who is cheerful and optimistic) 

scrupulous( someone who is principled) 

steadfast ( someone who is faithful to something) 

stoic (someone who is impassive) vociferous( someone who is noisy)



Thats it for now all, thank you dear reader! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...