Skip to main content

"Pen" - BLOG T2- JANEK - AEP10

After a whirlwind of excitement and laughter, it's only fitting to encapsulate the experiences in the virtual pages of this blog. Blogger, our faithful chronicler, has been witness to the tapestry of our past, each week unfurling a new chapter of memories while revisiting the old ones. Despite the time-consuming nature of this ritual, the fulfillment it brings is unmatched. As I sit down to weave the narrative of this week, a sense of anticipation lingers - a promise that this blog may just be more interesting than the rest. Curious? Dive into the text, and the reasons will unfold with each word.

Squaredle: The unlikely death of me

In the realm of our classroom, Squaredle has emerged as both ally and adversary, a captivating force that has swept through the student body. Its magnetic pull is undeniable, leaving us craving more, making it the undisputed game of choice. My fondness for Squaredle is genuine, but as the saying goes, every rose has its thorn. The coveted chance to control the board and manipulate the words fell into my hands this week. However, a series of unintentional mishaps led to an unexpected banishment by Miss. The shock of the decree reverberated through me - unjustly accused, I found solace in the fact that controlling the board was never my forte. Enter Naboni, the savior, ready to navigate the Squardle universe with finesse.

Drunk Picasso could do better!

Amidst the trials and tribulations of wordplay, drawing became a welcomed respite in our AEP class. An escape from the rigors of essay writing, it provided a canvas for exploration. Despite my questionable artistic skills, the activity served as a valuable lesson on the components of an essay. Our process diagram may have resembled a drunken Picasso creation, but the revelation during the showcase was exhilarating. Our messy rendition mirrored the original more than we dared to believe. The stark contrast between the girls' neatness and our chaotic masterpiece added a layer of humor to the experience, making it a cherished memory.

Vocab has not changed....or has it!

The return of vocabulary exercises, though seemingly routine, continues to be a cornerstone of our academic journey. Self-study has proven to be a potent tool for deeper comprehension, allowing us to expand our linguistic horizons. Amidst the varied words, "bereft" echoes through the classroom, a favorite of Leo's, while I aspire to incorporate "cursory" into my lexicon. The commitment to this practice is evident as many, including myself, witness tangible improvements in our vocabulary.

On the day of the vocabulary test, there was a noticeable shift in the usual routine. The words remained unchanged, as did the overall setup, yet a new approach was introduced. Rather than having predetermined words and utilizing a multiple-choice format on the website, we took control and steered the wheel ourselves, deciding which words each of us would define. Surprisingly, this adjustment proved to be a smooth process, ultimately making the experience more manageable.

Milk tastes worse on paper!

Transitioning to a different topic, our next essay required us to delve into the intricacies of the milk-making process. While not excessively challenging, it did demand a considerable amount of time to complete. Admittedly, my attention waned during the task, but had I remained focused, it likely would have only taken a few minutes. Hopefully, the resulting essay proves satisfactory, serving as valuable practice for the impending midterms, which are just around the corner.

In essence, this week was a tapestry of the usual and the extraordinary, a blend of simplicity and joy that characterizes every AEP class. The familiarity of routine was adorned with unexpected challenges, laughter, and shared triumphs. As we bid adieu to this week's escapades, the anticipation for what the future holds in our AEP class is palpable. Until the next blog, my fellow readers, may the weeks ahead unfold with more adventures and discoveries.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...