Skip to main content

Blog 6 // Mysha M

 


It's really quite astonishing that I've already blankly stared at my computer contemplating AEP 6 times. I swear, just yesterday was August. Amongst all of my many, many homeworks, only this one struck me with some variant of excitement. Hopefully, after I finish this, I'll have finally scavenged enough motivation to begin something else. Well then, enough rambling. This is an AEP blog, not a Mysha-complains-about-normal-things blog. Let's begin. 

On Monday we spent a tiring long time on squaredle. Usually, this game begins with us spouting words left and right, but eventually, we run out of all the simple words and just stare at the screen, coming up with a word or two every five minutes. After the first period ended, Miss assigned us a vocabulary seatwork. The seatwork wasn't too unpleasant, most of us did struggle with the types of school section, but we're not British so that's not our fault. 

On the next day, Tuesday, we kicked it off with an old favourite: Quordle. After all this Squaredle shenanigans, I was really hoping for a game that didn't suck my soul out. We wasted our first 6 guesses on only half of the words, giving us only 2 slots to guess the other half. Luckily, we secured the win in just under 5 minutes. Teamwork makes the dream work, I guess. After that highly successful Quordle match, we continued the seatwork from last time. I was grouped with Summer, Aleena, and Kuk. The seatwork wasn't too difficult either, just analyzing a text. 

Welp, that's it for today's blog! I believe this is the last blog in a while. Ah well, see you soon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...

yet another blog for this week

 yet again we do the thing where we type what we remember about the stuff that happened this week. So, there's not much tbh, there isn't much going on other than I picked up EP again since I think I'm suffering withdrawal with notoriety getting taken down and I'm cooking some video I made with someone showcasing some stupid shenanigans. So yeah is fine cruising so far (but so far)