Skip to main content

Aleena - Blog #5 - Grade 8

Going into this blog feels extremely relaxing. As I’m sitting on a chair, recalling the previous week while glaring at a blank page. Writing more blogs seems very pleasant and makes me feel like I’m improving in structuring and writing texts.


October 02 - Doing Seatworks


The first meeting was super charming and intriguing. After an extremely long, tiring game of Squardle, we were ready for our seatwork. In assigned groups, we learned how to answer questions in a specific number of words. I really found this amusing because it made me ponder my answers before writing them down. I believe that it can be useful when we take English tests in the future.


October 03 -  Vocabulary Quiz #4


 I found this meeting stressful and exciting. After successfully completing Squardle, it was time to start the quiz. My stress levels and anxiousness were getting higher every second as it got closer to my turn. Watching everyone struggling and competing, it felt super challenging. But in this class, we did the vocabulary quiz in a very different way than we normally do. Instead of individually, two people had a face off one at a time until one of them got a question wrong. Even though I studied hard, I still was afraid of not knowing the meaning of the word. My turn had come, I had outdone everyone who came in my way, one by one. I had almost forgotten a word when I competed with Aire. Thankfully, I remembered the meaning. I was so proud of myself as I wasn’t expecting that to happen. It was super enlightening to learn new words and compete with others about it.


We had a very delightful but stressful week. I really enjoyed doing the Vocabulary quiz as it made me super competitive about knowing the definitions of words. It was a very interesting approach in testing us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...

yet another blog for this week

 yet again we do the thing where we type what we remember about the stuff that happened this week. So, there's not much tbh, there isn't much going on other than I picked up EP again since I think I'm suffering withdrawal with notoriety getting taken down and I'm cooking some video I made with someone showcasing some stupid shenanigans. So yeah is fine cruising so far (but so far)