Skip to main content

Aep blog 4 T1 - Sayum

 Back to blogging! It's been a while. I'm not entirely sure where I left off but i think it was around 14th August or 22nd August. I'll just go over things in general for this blog though!

Let's start with our progress in writing essays IELTS style. We used to just practice the first half of the esssay which consists of the paraphrased prompt and overview that mentions and goes over 2 main points in little detail within 2 to 3 sentences. But just recently we've started to write the next few paragraphs as well. I did miss the original lesson where I believe the class went over the tecqniques and steps to doing these paragraph parts but that's no excuse! I'm not doing the best at the moment but I'll be striving to improve.

Now let's move onto the main topic for this blog! Our first aep project of the school year. Learning how to breath! I'm sure you guessed that correctly. For this years project, miss had us download an app called "Balance" where there was a free 10 day breathing and meditation program. We were to do this day by day and upload our proof and thoughts about the session in padlet. It wasn't my first time participating in meditation as I've encountered it quite a bit in Sri Lanka. However, it had been quite a while since i last meditated so my project definitely wasn't easy. I learnt some new things like body scan in these session too. I enjoyed these meditation sessions. It just had to be 5 minutes a day and it felt like a well deserved break from everything. I even ended up doing 10 minutes on some days. That's all for our prokect I suppose.

Other than the project some other work i should mention we did was our AEP midterms. We used to not have exams like this but miss did say she wanted this year to be more challenging. The exam covered vocab 1 through 3 and i got i think 29/30 with thd bonus. Not the best considering modt of thd others got 30 with and without the bonus but atleast it wasn't horrible.

Now onto our greatest accomplishment in AEP grade 10 history and quite possibly even the greatest accomplishment of AEP as a subject. The longest contexto game played in the school. Lasting over an entire period with a 159 guesses and 3 tips! You'd think the word was super complex and rare with around 20 letters but nope! The word was village.

I think that's it for this blog. Probably. Anyway see you next week! I think. Yayyy!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...

yet another blog for this week

 yet again we do the thing where we type what we remember about the stuff that happened this week. So, there's not much tbh, there isn't much going on other than I picked up EP again since I think I'm suffering withdrawal with notoriety getting taken down and I'm cooking some video I made with someone showcasing some stupid shenanigans. So yeah is fine cruising so far (but so far)