Skip to main content

The Irony - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 3 T1- AEP 10

 


Heading into AEP this week had turned into a nightmare for me. Not only did I study the wrong vocabulary list for this week's quiz, but I also found out the morning of! But how exactly did this happen, you may ask? Let us start from the beginning.

As soon as the new list of vocabulary had been posted for next week, I immediately opened the link and scanned the words just to get an idea of what I would be dealing with. During the weekend, I studied each and every one of those words, practicing their definitions and using them in a sentence. Come Monday morning, I felt like I was ready. I had memorized each and every word by heart...only to find out that the link that was posted was the wrong one!

I found this out soon after I saw my classmate studying a different list. Only then did I check the "Google Classroom" link again to see that it had been changed and comments underneath the post saying that I had been studying freshman unit 2 instead of sophomore unit 2! Naturally, panic set in and I scrambled to memorize the words.

But with the limited time due to other classes and a fresh 20-word list to memorize, I knew it would be impossible. So, I prepared for the worst honestly. I would either test my luck at spinning the wheel and hope that it would land on a word I somewhat knew or ask Miss Disa to give me a word from the list that I had actually studied. At that point, I was even ready to list all 20! 

Thankfully though, it was a rainy Monday morning, which, you know what that means! It was a "Scrabble" day! I was saved! I would finally have the time to memorize the new word list and that heavy panic clamped around my heart disappeared. Phew! 

We started the morning right away and broke into 4 teams: Sayum and Shasmeen, Leo and Haziq, Meral and Naboni, and, lastly, Julia and I. We managed to come up with words like "quit" in the triple word part and "boy," which was closely wrapped around another word, scoring us lots of points. 

In the end, we got 83 points total. Sadly, we were 6 short of Meral and Naboni's score. It was a very tight game! I can't wait for our next "Scrabble" meeting. 

The next day, interestingly enough, we started with 2 word games, "Diffle" and "Wordle" because we were extra speedy that morning. The 1st word was "alliance," which we scored in 3 and the 2nd was "index," which we scored in 3 again. Then, the vocabulary quiz commenced.

I sighed with relief as the wheel landed on "nostalgia," the longing for things in the past. I quickly used it in a sentence and sat down. Finally, it was over! And it wasn't that bad at all. 

But then, Miss Disa shocked us all and said "Round 2!" We all swiftly perked up and got ready for our turns yet again. I got "retrogress" the 2nd time around, which meant going back to a previous condition. Using it in a sentence was simple and now, finally, for real this time, it was over. 

For the remaining part of the session, we moved back to essay writing, using the same prompt for our 1st meeting. This time, I actually managed to somewhat finish. 

Overall, this week's AEP sessions had started out as a nightmare, but actually ended in a daydream. Who knew that my wish for "Scrabble" last week would not only come true, but also save me? The irony is quite baffling but also hilarious! This week really taught me to double-check links and try not to panic as much- this, I definitely need to work on. And I guess the irony of this week's session showed me that! 

GIF Credits

Comments

  1. Chloe I'm so sorry...I tried to be helpful by posting a link but it seemed I only caused chaos 😅 Yes you should always double check I make alot of mistakes...oopsie...yes I would have given you a test on the words that you actually studied...and they are my gift to you..🤎

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The "Queen of Vocab" - Blog 1.5 - Aire M.

Hello... to pretty much no one. Probably no one except Miss Disa reads these blogs, no matter how much effort I put into them. I really like writing these blogs, as they are my way of venting all my feelings and thoughts out into the void. With that being said, here's the blog :) Yeah, sorry for the short intro today. I'm feeling sleepy 😪   10/02/23 Today in AEP, we used the whole 5th period trying to complete Squaredle , and in the last 10 minutes, Miss told us we'd get 7 merits each if we finished. It didn't seem like a long way off, as we just had 14 words left. We didn't get the 7 merits, but we only had... 7 words left? Still pretty good. In the second period, Miss Disa explained how exams can trick you. Well, to be more specific, questions that, if you didn't read the instructions, you could get wrong. And those questions were very easy. All you had to do was read the instructions. But somehow, even the smartest people can get tricked. (Honestly, Summer,...

Peanuts!! - Blog 2.1 - Aire M.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the world of Blogger! I am your writer, Aire Marcellana, presenting to you a blog of quality writing, containing a girl's simple hopes and dreams. Hopes and dreams crushed knowing like 5 people reads these. I do still find fun in writing these, however, especially since I love to write. Our first few lessons in the 2nd term proved to be quite fun and entertaining to write about. I got a bit stressed on our first lesson, but all in all, a fantastic start to the new term. Reflecting on last term, although I did put effort into AEP, I didn't prioritize it as much as I should've, even if it is a minor subject. I am grateful I got a good grade, yet I have high hopes for the terms to come. 11/06/23 We started off our term 2 with some good old Squaredle . Grades 7, 9, and 10 have already paved the way to finishing the Squaredle by having already completed the easy words. With 63 out of 79 words settled, our class went on a journey to get all of th...

Short. Sweet. Simple! - Chloe Lloveras- Blog 1 T1- AEP10

      Back at it again! The new school year has begun and AEP along with it. But this year, it comes with a twist: a much more jam-packed schedule and more essay-writing. Did I mention that the vocabulary quizzes are back and that blogs will be more frequent now? No? Well, you're in for a treat!      We hadn't even met for the first session yet, but we were already juggling assessments like a syllabus quizlet, a "what's your English level?" test, and even a knowledge quiz about IELTS writing task one, something I haven't encountered before. When our first meeting did commence, it wasn't until a week later due to the heavy rainfall and strong winds so classes were canceled. As you might've guess, we were already behind and AEP hadn't even begun yet!  Before starting, Miss Disa established the basics for the new school year: 1. Every meeting will begin with a word game with a five-minute time limit. If we don't finish in time, we'll still mov...